Friday, June 14, 2013

Breathing life...

into this deserted blog..lol Its been just over a year since my last entry and I really feel a calling to revive this little corner of the web. Life has definitely been "happening" around here. Kids are growing, spreading wings & some are getting their feet wet in the early phase of young adulthood.
Peyton soared through Kindergarten this year & will begin her journey into her elementary years in 2013-2014. She really has bloomed in this past year & I am so happy we chose to delay her entry into the public school system {she's a early September baby}. In the past year she has matured and I really feel she can now adequately handle the challenges that will come {not all being bad either}.
The 2nd man in my life, Lee is entering high school for the 2013-2014 & this has me in a state of complete denial. Not only that Lee is 15 years old, but that I'm 34!! What?! I'm now in the "older mom" group. Its ironic in many ways. I started off as the youngest mom at PTO meetings, cub scouts & athletics ... and now here I am 34 years & having Piper {just turned 2 years old on June 13th} I find that I'm in the "older" crowd. How strange it is my friends. Wes is still working .. working & well working more. We've been blessed any many ways, but with these blessings sacrifices have been made as well. I just continue to be so thankful to have the ability to be home with my children. I can truly say without any hesitation I do not miss working. I know many stay-at-home-mom struggle with the limited "adult" conversation, but honestly I stay so busy & involved that I feel that that need is met, in friendships & in family. My sister & her little family has finally made the final trip back to Texas & this time they are staying. My brother-in-law does have one more deployment commitment with the Marines, but they chose to move Sabrina and the kiddos back home prior to him deploying. Its great having my baby sis home & being able to see my niece & nephew is incredible. A lot has change since that entry to this little blog...I've started running, going to gym, practicing yoga & making many small lifestyle changes. But, more importantly to mention is that I'm loving ever step of it! I hope to become better at vlogging & blogging about this whole journey & super excited to share it with anyone willing to listen..or read. Well, I have the cutest little two year old tugging at my toes so I better head off to get our night on the way. Hope this finds everyone well, happy & safe. Love, Shannon
I'm kind of obsessed with Instagram, so if you are too I'm @Shannonllh

No comments:

Post a Comment